Skip to main content

Drug Trials’ Encouraging Results for Borderline Personality Disorder




I wanted to link to a fantastic article over at the Personality Disorders Awareness Network about drug trials that were conducted that show two medications that might be beneficial to those of us with BPD.

Unfortunately due to the nature of BPD, there is no medication that can take the place of therapy, especially Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. But medication is a great supplement to help manage our moods like irritability, depression and aggression. This article goes over Zyprexa (Olanzapine) and Seroquel (Quetiapine).

http://www.pdan.org/drug-trials-encouraging-results-for-bpd/

Have any of you been on either of these medications? How did it affect you?

On a side note, I apologize for the lengthy time between posts and for this sorter post today. Sometimes it is difficult for me to talk about my own dealings with BPD. Next post I hope to cover Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, how it is beneficial, and my own experiences, so keep an eye out in the coming days for that!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASMR - Tingles Everywhere

I have a lot of problems with my anxiety that gets so bad that I can't even leave the house. It also disrupts my sleep and I get pretty sleep deprived. I take enough pills already, and I didn't want to tack an addictive sleeping pill on top of everything. But I finally found something that actually relaxes me enough that I can finally get some very much needed shuteye. ASMR videos. ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. ASMR Research & Support defines it as "a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs." These tingling sensations are triggered by either an internal trigger (from specific thought patterns) or external ones. External triggers can include things like whispering or unique speech patters, watching educational/instructive videos, sounds like scratching, tapping or paper crinkling, close attention from another person (like e

Smiley360 Review: Kikkoman Juicy Bird Project

So recently, I was chosen for Smiley360's " Kikkoman Juicy Bird Project ". In this we were to brine a chicken or turkey using Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Although I received these items to review for free, this is entirely my own opinion. I also apologize ahead of time for my usually horrible pictures as my cell phone has trouble in low light. I think it's time to start using a proper camera! "Experience the taste of umami in your meals with Kikkoman Soy Sauce . Try cooking with this dynamic sauce in traditional Asian dishes, mainstream American foods, classic Mediterranean dishes, Caribbean cuisine, or even to brine poultry." I've never brined poultry before, so I was excited to participate. I received not only 2 coupons for a free bottle of Kikkoman Soy Sauce, but a 5 gallon brining bucket as well. First, here's the recipe that was recommended: Kikkoman Chicken Brine Recipe Ingredients 2 cups Kikkoman Soy Sauce 2 Gallons water 1

Jellies and Bobbles and Fractals, Oh My!

It's been a long time since I've worked on anything art related. It's been hard to come up with new ideas and stay motivated. However, I did sort of recently play around with Apophysis 7X (you can see my other project with this program here ) to create 3D  flame fractals  and had a blast. So I wanted to post a few of pieces that I worked on. Click on a picture for a larger view. If you want to see some more of my artwork (that may or may not be horrible), click here for my Imgur album, which is sorted from newest to oldest. I hope you enjoy! (Also please note that they are signed with my old married name, Boseman.) Bobbles and gems Color variation From up top  Jelly fish! Variation of the jelly fish. A friend mentioned that it reminded him of metroids from the Metroid games. This is my favorite out of the bunch.